Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Creativity is.....



...Persistence.

Being creative is something you work at every day, not just when you feel like it. The true rewards of creativity and bringing something new into existence occur only after you have put in a daily practice of work.

Every morning, for the last several months, I have noticed a spider web attached to the driver's side mirror of my car. The first day I simply swatted it away. But then, to my surprise, it appeared again the next day. I decided to leave it, but with driving and the occasional rain storm or car wash, it eventually falls off. The most amazing thing though is that every morning it is there again. I've come to the conclusion that this is one determined spider. Despite losing it's creation on almost a daily basis, each night this spider spins another web. True creative inspiration.
  • What obstacles do you overcome to create?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the spider is smart. The spider never gives up. Success in creativity is just the same. You cannot fail, if you do not give up.
Brenda Johima
http://www.creativenudge.com/blog