Monday, November 10, 2008

Who's Your City?


That's the question that Richard Florida asks in his latest book entitled, Who's Your City?: How the Creative Economy Is Making Where to Live the Most Important Decision of Your Life.

It's a question I've asked myself. Early in my career, I chose to move to our nation's capital because I was looking for work in museums and with the plethora of cultural institutions dotting the Washington, DC area, I figured I was bound to find a job. And, I did.

Ultimately, I realized that my family was more important. After attaining my career goal in DC, I decided to move back to Ohio to be closer to my loved ones. Although Cleveland has some amazing arts organizations, I decided to take a different path, one in the corporate world.

If you are asking yourself similar questions about your career and your location, and you live in the Cleveland-area, I encourage you to attend the next Business Book Talk with Tim Zaun and Friends on this subject. One lucky attendee will also win a copy of the book.

Where: Lakewood Library, Lakewood, OH
When: Thursday, November 20th
Time: 7 pm to 9 pm

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: