(Margan Zajdowicz image)
It's a skill that all of us use, yet a skill all of us could probably improve. Thinking creatively can help us not only create art but guide us through our daily lives. That's why I love this list of 50 Ways to Think Creatively.
Here are my favorites from the list:
- Be curious - wonder about things
- Surround yourself with diverse types of people
- Live in terms of exploration and discovery, not just solutions or right answers
- Use visual, metaphorical and analogical thinking - not just analytical
- Embrace, rather than avoid, ambiguity as an essential part of the creative process
- Take improv theater classes to feel more comfortable creating in real time
- Use different types of music in the background while thinking
- Surround yourself with life-giving and inspiring people, images and objects
- Meditate - cultivate presence and mindfulness
- Give your Creative Self space, time and attention
- What are your favorite ways to think creatively?