This year marks the beginning of a celebration of creativity and innovation in Europe. Just launched this week in Prague, the goal is:
"to raise awareness of importance of creativity and innovation for personal, social and economic development, to disseminate good practices, stimulate education and research, and promote policy debate and development."
The year will address a variety of issues around creativity and innovation including:
- fostering artistic and other forms of creativity through pre-school, primary and secondary education including vocational streams, as well as non-formal and informal education
- cultural diversity as a source of creativity and innovation
- promoting innovation as the route to sustainable development
- regional and local development strategies based on creativity and innovation
Several conferences and events are planned throughout Europe during 2009 to spark discussions on creativity and innovation and to promote its benefits.
- Learn more about the EU's Year of Creativity and Innovation